Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Gospel of Jesus Christ=A Good Way of Life

From May 19

Elder Rosales and I again had a full week of teaching and serving. Just today we spent a couple of hours helping our good friend, Brendan Flanagan, do some yard work, mowing, weed-wacking, washing our car and blowing off the driveway.  It brought me back to my youth mowing and weeding all summer long :) I loved it!
 
We had some really great discussions this week about the Commandments of God. We reviewed the 10 Commandments with Kari Siira and Heather & Hayley Logan this week and taught about the Law of Chastity, Word of Wisdom and Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. Kari is so awesome she knew right away that these commandments are for our benefit. They help us lead our lives in the way that Jesus Christ did. With keep the commandments the Holy Ghost will be our companion. With the comforting of the Holy Ghost we can make it through the toughest of times and feel the presence of God in our lives. The Commandments don't restrict us but they set us free! Elder Schild who I served with in Salmon said "Even if this is all fake, it is still a good and happy way to live". We have the blessing of being happy when we follow in Christ's footsteps and follow His teachings. We have an even greater blessing to know through the Holy Ghost that these commandments and gospel are true!
  We are still looking forward to May 31st when Heather and Hayley Logan, and Madelynn Armijo are getting baptized!! Also we are continuing to prepare Kari Siira, Sara and Samantha Potter for June 7th :) These young women are starting off their life in good way. The Best way! Like it says in Alma 37:35 "O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God." They are learning and they are seeing the blessings :)

It is getting hot here! The Weather here is actually abnormally humid for this high desert. People are blaming me for being from MN! But I love the humidity. A couple of days ago it was almost 90 degrees and I was dying all day! We had a lesson outside with the Logan's and my back was super sweaty afterwards haha.  I scrub my white shirt necklines every time I wash them. All is Good!

Thank you for all of your thoughts, words and prayers! They are greatly appreciated :) Love you all!

-Elder Ethan Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment