Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mother's Day!

 I had the wonderful opportunity to be able to Skype with my Mom, Dad, Granni Sandi, Peter, Michelle and their kids yesterday. It was very nice just to sit and chat with them. The work here in Mountain Home keeps us very busy so it was nice to take an afternoon to relax and have a conversation. I wish I could have done more for my mom to hopefully pay her back for all she has done for me but being 1,400 miles away it isn't that easy!
    On Saturday I got to witness the baptism of Lindell Hargrave. See picture below. The Sisters had taught him for six months before he got baptized. I had the amazing opportunity to be able to be a big part of his conversion. About a month ago Lindell went through some terrible things in which he got kicked out of his house and he was lost in what to do. The Sisters asked if we could give him a blessing of comfort. I had the amazing opportunity to give him the blessing. I know that Heavenly Father put these things into Lindell's life so that at this moment he could be humble enough to recognize the Spirit. It was that blessing that calmed his heart and helped him feel the Spirit of the Lord manifest that this Church and the Priesthood Power that was restored is True. 
   In Mountain Home in the next month sixteen other people will be baptized who all feel the same way Lindell does and they all came to that knowledge in different ways. Six of those sixteen are people Elder Rosales and I have been working with. On May 31st Hayley Logan (13), Heather Logan (12) and Madelynn Armijo (9) will be baptized. On June 7th Kari Siira (21), Sara Potter (18) and Samantha Potter (17) will be baptized.
   Kari was able to attend Lindell's baptism which was an awesome experience for her. She told us "The whole time I felt butterflies in my stomach. I knew that would be me on June 7th". I love seeing the excitement of Kari to be baptized. She is very excited to follow in Jesus Christ's footsteps and grow to be more like Him everyday.
 
Happy late Mothers day to all of the Mothers who read this letter. You don't know how much you effect us and help us become better people.

-Elder Ethan Howard


No comments:

Post a Comment