Sunday, July 20, 2014

HUGE NEWS!

From July 7

   Happy 4th of July week everyone! 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, but apparently it isn't a big thing out here in Mountain Home, Idaho. You would think it would be huge because of the heavy military influence but there wasn't even a parade! There were very few fireworks because of the fire danger. We had to be in promptly at 9 pm, but we saw a couple of the fireworks from our house. Also, it was a day of no “first contacting,” so we got to spend some fun time with our investigators instead of always teaching all the time. I seriously love that. We got closer as friends which is a very important thing! Like I've said before, it's all about LOVE.
   HUGE NEWS! Here in Mountain Home we live with a middle aged man, divorced for about five years, named Dan Wright. (We joke around saying, "that's Dan Wright!")  Well, remember Sister Stuart from my last email? She is divorced and moved here a couple months ago with  her two youngest sons. Josh is an amazing 16 year old who really handles well his brother, Charlie, a 13 year old with autism. Josh also comes out teaching with us missionaries almost every day it seems! ANYWAYS (sorry ha,ha) This past week Bro.Wright and Sis. Stuart got engaged! They have been dating since she moved here. Bro. Wright told us, "The first time I went up to her, well even saw her, I knew she was the one!"  It is like in the movie, Saturday's Warrior, where they feel like they've known each other forever. Now that they are getting married we might not be able to live with Bro. Wright anymore :(  It might be too hard with Charlie who breaks down just about every time we leave his house. I love that kid to death and he loves us missionaries a little too much! See the picture below of Charlie with me on the 4th taken at Dan’s house where Elder Rosales and I live.
   I have been in Mountain Home for almost 6 months, 1/4 of my mission. I fear I may be transferred! It has been a blast here! I really hope I stay so that I can continue to work with these people I love so much. But whatever comes will be for the best.
   The work here is going extremely well. I feel blessed to be helping so many people increase in their Faith in Jesus Christ and come closer to our Heavenly Father. Thomas Wildman is set for baptism on the 15th! He is a strong and determined man. He had surgery on his leg this last week and toughed it out to attend Sacrament meeting this Sunday, talk about dedication!  That shows faith.


~Elder Ethan Howard


No comments:

Post a Comment