Sunday, July 20, 2014

Christ Strengthens Us

From July 14:

   Boy oh boy are things Heating up in Mountain Home! Quite literally. Yesterday it got to 110 degrees! AHH I AM MELTING! Ha,ha,ha.
    We had a bunch of people with birthdays this week so inevitably we have loads and loads of leftover cake and junk food. No wonder I am close to a 40lb gain on my mission so far! We also had two very cool experiences this week.
    On Saturday we had a barbeque with William and his girlfriend, Allie. We had a grand ol' time grilling, talking about life when all of a sudden William started asking questions like, "Do you think Christ's death really saves you?" "How can the Bible be true?" Elder Rosales and I listened to all he had to say. Then we each testified of Jesus Christ as our Savior. We couldn't hold back the words that were coming through our mouths.  I felt so good afterward. William did not have any more to say. He was asking some really good questions. I felt like one of the apostles such as Peter or Paul. It was awesome to feel God lifting us in our words and guiding us in our speech.
    This morning we had a long talk with one of our good friends, Lee Kaufman, who has been investigating the church for a while, has been going through a terrible time with his jobs, personal beliefs and his relationships with his girlfriend and family. I gave him a Priesthood blessing of comfort.  Later Lee sent us a text saying, "I want to tell you that you have my gratitude for the blessing. A weight has been lifted from my mind, and the fog has lifted. I haven't felt this well in weeks." Amazing! The power of God is truly amazing. We always end a blessing, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." We do it for a reason. It is Christ who lifts us, it is Christ who strengthens us. I am blessed to be a conduit of that power. The gospel is amazing and I know it is true. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is truly Christ's church on the earth today and His authority accompanies it. :)


~Elder Ethan Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment