Monday, April 27, 2015

The Only Thing Constant in Life is Change

From Ethan: Mon, Apr 27, 2015 10:22 am    

With Elder Cardon going to the MTC this Tuesday I am due for some change! I still don't know what is going to happen tomorrow but I guess I'll find out what's down when I get to the Mission Office to drop him off. We will meet Elder Cardon's family at the mission office tomorrow, then he will drive down with them to Provo, stay over night and enter the MTC on Wednesday. Two weeks late r he will return to our mission . He might come back to Kimberly, but it's more likely that he will go somewhere else in Idaho. On top of all the transfers a couple of sets of Elders are moving residences as well so we are all changing places and companions and what not! It is most probable that I will get a new companion tomorrow but I might also go into a trio and jointly cover two areas. The last couple months have been just filled with change! Deep thoughts of Elder Howard : in reality, the only constant thing in life is change.

A lot of the Elders that came out with me are suffering from a term called "trunky". Being trunky is a complicated thing but it is mostly missing home, feeling depressed about the work and wanting to be lazy. For some reason right around 20 months is when most missionaries start feeling this way, some before and some after. I'm lucky enough not to have a trunky feeling all the time, but with the movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron " coming out on Friday I have been catching myself being jealous of all those who get to see it right away , ha ha. But there are a couple of Elders in my district that I've been helping to see the joy in our work... well really The Lord's work! I love love love being out here and helping people come closer t o Christ everyday. Rejection is not that fun, but it's the trying that really counts. I will be super sad to be released as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But I still have 5 months so it's all good!

Not much has changed in the work here but Russ and Maggie came to church yesterday! It was great to have them there .  We had a nontraditional lesson before church as well! We taught Russ how to tie a tie. It was cool. Also the trees and flowers have been blooming here like crazy!! It always smells super good outside this time of year. But that's about it, you'll find out next week who my new companion(s) is/are. Thanks for all you do! Love and Miss you guys :)


  -Elder Ethan Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment