Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring Has Arrived!

From Ethan: Mon, Mar 23, 2015 11:26 am

It has been super nice weather as of late!! Just about every day it gets into the 60's and the sun is shining. With the nice weather we've been able to meet people outside and do some great service! We met a guy named Danny Rios and we are helping him get his house ready to sell. He is a great guy who would literally do anything for anyone! He is originally from California and has lived here in Kimberly for five or six years with his wife and three kids. We were just talking to him about how awesome service is and how we love to help people just cause and then all the sudden he was like, "Yeah you guys can come over anytime you want and just talk about... stuff". I'm pretty sure he was going to say God or religion or something like that so we went over yesterday and set up a time we could teach him and his kids! We will see what happens. If his heart is open and we invite the Spirit, miracles will happen :)

Recently I've been studying and thinking a lot about kindness and charity. Those are two things that are really essential to our path to true discipleship of Jesus Christ. In Matthew 7:1 it reads "Judge not, that ye be not judged". I've seen judging take the worst out of people and myself. Way too many times I will judge a person by their outward appearance and not have anything to do with them but I always think, that's not what Christ would do. No matter what a person looked like, no matter if they had leprosy or were rich or poor or black or white Christ would always be their friend and help them. If we want to be true disciples of Jesus Christ, we need to act as he would! So let's abolish judgments from our minds and love everyone :) Let kindness and charity flow! I know I am going to focus on become more kind and charitable this next week and hopefully the rest of my life! I know it'll be great :) Love you all! 


-Elder Ethan Howard 

No comments:

Post a Comment