Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter!!

From Ethan: Mon, Apr 6, 2015 10:04 am
Hello friends and family, Happy Easter!! It just keeps getting better and better every Christmas or Easter out here on my mission. I think the reason being that I am growing in my relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ. I never realized how important He really is in my life until now and I'm sure that realization will become bigger and bigger as I live my life. In our discussions with people this week, while our message is always centered in Christ, it was even more focused on our Savior and the Atonement which he performed in our behalf. I came to a bigger knowledge of all of my faults and how far I am away from "perfection". We were lucky this weekend as well to hear from our Prophet and Apostles during General Conference. I have said before in this blog how lucky we are to have a modern day Prophet and Apostles. I am very, very grateful to the men called to leadership positions in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and for all the sacrifices they and their families make. I'm sure it is a blessing for them just as I feel the blessings of being a missionary! 

We had a great time this week being able to share the Restoration with a man by the name of Russ Gaynor. He is married to a member of the church and while doing some yard work with him he told us "you know guys, I really do feel a light from her and her beliefs."  Russ and Maggie are in an important life changing time in their journey as a husband and wife, they are just about to have their first baby! Maggie is seriously like UBER pregnant and the baby should come this week! Well along with the Restoration we shared with Russ, "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" ( The Family: A Proclamation to the World) which is a proclamation given by the Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley in 1995, preparing us to protect our families from the bad influence in the world and define God's views on families and their importance. We felt the Spirit testify strongly in our discussion. At the end Russ agreed for the most part and told us "in the future I can see our family all together sitting at church." Russ has felt the Spirit, I know he has! He said that he doesn't make decisions quickly so we are giving him time to learn more but I know he has good desires.

Time is flying by too quickly! My second Easter has passed, my second birthday, (Dang I'm 20 so I officially have to grow up... nah), also my second March Madness has almost passed! I can't wait to finally be able to follow it closely next year but for real I'm sad my Spartan's lost but #GoWisconsin! Some mission news: There are six zones in our mission. Carey, Jerome, Burley, Rupert, Twin Falls North and Twin Falls South. Our District, Kimberly District, just got moved from the Twin Falls South Zone to the North Zone! So that means that I have served in all the zones besides Rupert. Who knows if I will serve in Rupert but I've really jumped around the mission a lot. I love all the area's I've served in. the people of Idaho are amazing!! Pretty close to the coolness of Minnesotans but not quite :) Well Happy Easter and remember out Savior Jesus Christ in your life. Remember His perfection, miracles and grace. And watch this cool Video!! ---> " BecauseHeLives"

Love you all! - Elder Ethan Howard



No comments:

Post a Comment