Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Leaving God's Country . . . Salmon, ID

SAD NEWS! I am moving out of Salmon :(  I am transferring to Mountain Home, ID on Tuesday to become a District Leader. SO SAD, I cried 3 times yesterday while bearing my testimony in sacrament meeting and at investigators houses. But it wasn't out of sadness, it was more gratitude and happiness from seeing all the amazing miracles I have seen here. I told my investigators how I came to find them and I just felt the spirit tell me that it was because of Him that I was guided to them. It was really sentimental!
I am sad to miss out on Steelhead Trout fishing, and the spring time here, and free chiropractic care, and laundry being done for us and free lunch everyday... anyway enough MOPING! I am on to New Places, New People and New Experiences!
     I went up to Gibbonsville and North Fork one last time on Saturday. We saw lots and lots of people! One guy, Glen Goddard showed us around his whole farm and I got to pet his Monguliese Pigs, puppies and cows. It was fun! He told us some crazy stories of elk coming into his house, and a cougar on top of his roof! We also saw a family named the Tenbrinks, Tim and Robin. Tim collects revolvers. I bet his whole collection is worth over 1 million dollars because they are rare and brand new. Last, we visited a family who joined the church about 2 years ago, the Sheppards – Matt, a game warden so we always talk about elk, wolves, deer, bobcats, cougars etc., Kim, and 4 children - Savannah (15), Sidney (12), Logan (9) and Carson is (4). I had a little too much fun because I let Savannah and Sidney put make up on me. They will forever remember Elder Howard who they put make up on! I have way too much fun out here.  :D
     Yesterday was a tough day, my last Sunday in the area. I cover two wards and it was fast and testimony meeting yesterday. Both meetings were super spiritual and as soon as I got up to bear my testimony and bode farewell to these wonderful people I couldn't help but cry out of gratitude and happiness for being here. I became close to So many people here in Salmon and many hugs were given and tears were shared. Throughout the day we saw all the people we are teaching and helping understand the gospel. I bore my testimony to all of them.
       I LOVE Salmon, Idaho. I love the land, the people, the weather, the city, but most of all I love how ever present that God's spirit and love is here. Up in the mountains I am positive that the veil is thinner here and when you enter this valley you can feel it. I was so impressed thinking back on how much the spirit guided me to find people and help people. I will miss this wonderful place and these wonderful people but I know in Mountain Home I will feel God's love and see miracles there as well.
-Elder Ethan Howard (ehoward@myldsmail.net)    Address- Twin Falls Idaho Mission
                                                                                         421 Maurice St. North
                                                                                          Twin Falls, ID 83301

No comments:

Post a Comment