Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Young Group of Missionaries


            Well, I am in Mountain Home, Idaho!  Guess what… there are no Mountains!  But the people are nice and a lot are being led to the Gospel. My companion is Elder Hefner from Gilbert, Arizona. He is Phillipino and Italian and Irish. We are teaching one man from Iraq and his son watch their story! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xqcL7pToZQ  
Sadly I don't have enough time to write much. . . 2 minutes left! So, here is a little more.  There are 9 wards (congregations) here. Elder Hefner and I cover two of them.  Being District Leader has been good so far, nothing bad.  The Elders and Sisters in my district are super awesome and really young! I am the oldest Missionary! One spanish speaking Elder and I have been out for about 5 months, 3 others out for 2 months and 3 out for 1 week! SUPER YOUNG! But they are super ready to learn and do missionary work :) I will love and serve them, just like Christ said, "He who is Chief among you, let him be your servant."  
             I will Miss Salmon a TON! But I am looking forward to making new connections and friends out here. Our District is awesome! We have 9 baptismal dates in March. On March 15th there should be 3 baptism services with 5 people getting baptized. So the missionary work is progressing. It's fun! 
Have a good week!!

Elder Ethan Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment