Monday, August 3, 2015

Good ol' Idaho!

From Ethan: Monday, July 27, 2015

The weather has gotten MUCH better with temps mostly in the 70’s and 80’s and above average rainfall which is nice.  After almost 2 years, my clothes are in great shape. I’ve only ruined 2 shirts my whole mission and my socks aren’t getting holes in them! Aren’t you proud of me?

We had an awesome in-the-moment missionary experience last Saturday.  Walking to our car after a lesson, we heard a guy jamming on a guitar down the street.  Immediately I thought, “Oh, let’s go talk to him!”  Then I looked at my watch and it was time to go home.  In the car, again I got a prompting to go talk to him, so we did.  It was a little awkward at first, but he warmed up.  Kevin Olsen, from Atlanta Georgia, is a deeply religious guy who recently went through a hard time so he is driving across the country to Oregon to see his children.  Our meeting was definitely inspired of God.  We shared the restoration of the gospel, the calling of the prophet Joseph Smith, and the divinity of the Book of Mormon. Kevin said, “I know God is not dead and He talks to His children so why couldn’t He have a prophet on the earth today?”  We told Kevin he could find out for himself that these things are true by reading the Book of Mormon.  He agreed and we had a prayer with him before we split.  I’m convinced I will never see Kevin again but I know I shared truth with him.  I hope he sincerely reads and prays.  The answers that await him will change his life!

Other exciting things happened this week including getting puked on by a dog during the middle of a lesson, hiking “Box Canyon” here in Hagerman, getting to run a jack hammer for the first time, grinding fish guts at a fish processing plant and going to a Rodeo for stake Pioneer Day celebration to watch team roping, barrel racing, pig wrestling and more fun games.  Too bad we couldn’t participate or else my white shirt and tie would be brown from rolling around in the mud and poo! 

That’s good ol’ Idaho for ya! =)


~ Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment