Monday, November 11, 2013

The Plan of Salvation Makes Sense

So we had two really good lessons this week, one with Greg and Jesse Lowell and one with Samantha Ladd , the one from Tennessee.
    Greg and Jesse Lowell have been talking to missionaries for a long time and are super intellectual. But no missionaries have taught them actual gospel. Just befriended them. So we have gone over there a couple times for them to get comfortable with us and then dove straight into teaching! We had an Awesome in depth lesson about the Plan of Salvation and they understood it really well! It's like they knew the answers just out of their pure knowledge. Greg asked us "Do you want us to join your church?" I replied "Well obviously because I know this gospel is true, but what I really want you to do is come closer to Christ and have a better understanding. I don't just want you to be baptized." He asked "Would you think different of us if we didn't join your church?" I replied "Absolutely not, you have your agency and can choose your life path. I am just here to present one path which I have found to be truth and nothing but truth." He seemed very pleased with it. I know Heavenly Father is working on them with all of his might and they are slowly but surely converting unto Christ. 
    We also taught Samantha about the Plan of Salvation! She is golden. She understands everything and already knows it to be true! The things she has gone through in her life have prepared her really well to know God and Christ. She came to church again this week and is progressing in the gospel super well!
    We also started teaching this guy named Jack Eison. We taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel and about the Prophet Joseph Smith. He told us, "Well it does make sense that there are prophets on the earth today! Why do the Children of Israel get a prophet, and I don't" Obviously God will provide his children a prophet" BOOM Truth right there! He is a character and I always look forward to seeing him.
    We had another child of God make the baptismal covenant yay! Her name is Kristen and she is from a part member family. She is 30 years old with a 2 1/2 year old son named Adin. He went to the hospital 2 hours before the baptism because he wasn't breathing! turns out he has a virus that builds up stuff in his bronchus in his lungs. We gave him a blessing and bam he started doing better! the baptism went on :) I love giving blessings and I get to do it a lot. The power of the Priesthood is amazing!
I am sorry I haven't even told you guys about Kristen 

    So I am still here in Salmon with Elder Schild from Salmon 2 area. Elder Van Zalinge and Elder Johnson drove down yesterday and Elder Van Zalinge is in the air on the way home right now! That is crazy. We are going to Twin tomorrow to stay the night and will be back Wednesday evening. I am not training, that's for sure but I hope I get a cool elder! Most elders will be pretty easy to get along with compared to Van Zalinge. He was kind of blunt and prideful but a good trainer! 
    Levi is trouble. This week he stole four doughnuts from us! My uncle Dennis told me to set a trap for him to make him stop stealing our food! I'll think one up and tell you how it went.
    The Work is Hastening and I am so very blessed to be a part of it! Everyday I see people come closer to Christ and I get closer as well. It makes me grow stronger and stronger in my faith everyday! :) Love you all and wow the time has flown by! It's already been about 2 months. Crazy crazy!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment