Monday, November 18, 2013

Elder Te'o and Sauna Time!

I got a new companion! Elder Te'o was born in California and moved to Missouri 9 years ago. He is Samoan, funny and loud, super hard working and knows how to have fun. We get along like two peas in a pod!  
      We had 3 big things happen this week.  First, Wednesday night we had another lesson with Samantha Ladd.  It was about the Word of Wisdom.  She smokes and drinks coffee, but she knows she should quit to be clean so the Holy Ghost can influence her life. She asked us for a blessing of strength to help her quit. We were prompted to set a baptismal date with her - December 7th in 3 weeks. She is an amazing woman who is strengthening her testimony in Jesus Christ everyday! I have been blessed to see her journey of coming unto Christ.
     Second, Saturday we gave tours of our church building. The Primary Children were there practicing for the Sunday program. When we were about to leave a little boy came up to us and said, "Hi! My name is Dylan. I am not a member of your church. I am having trouble believing in God. I was wondering if you could come to my house and teach me and my dad the gospel." HOLY SCHMOKES!!!  I couldn't even believe my ears! I told him absolutely! He is 7 years old, super smart and loves super heroes, so I gave him my Iron man drawing and gave him a high-5. We are seeing them on Wednesday.
     Third, last night we had dinner with the Patterson family. They live up on Williams Lake about 5,500 feet up in the mountains where not many people live. It is GORGEOUS! Their house was built in the 70's with long orange carpet, orange and brown window curtains, green couches and a bunch of awesome lamps. It is all in really good condition still. After dinner we had a sauna. :) Brother Patterson served his mission in Finland. It was about 10 degrees, snowy outside and the sauna was out by the dock. It was about 240 degrees. After we couldn't stand it, we went outside and poured ice water over our heads. It was sweet!! Then we had cold Finnish Ginger Ale called Vernors. The sauna felt amazing. That night I slept like a Rock! 
     The people in Salmon are amazing. I love this small town and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Sure, I miss home, watching super hero cartoons, hanging out with friends, working at Jersey Mike's and jamming on the guitar, but my mission has already been the best experience of my life. It's the BEST!! Love you all and miss you! I love hearing from you. Email me! (ehoward@myldsmail.net


No comments:

Post a Comment