Friday, September 20, 2013

Hello from Missionary Training Center

BLOG:
"Hello from the MTC (Missionary Training Center)! I have been here in Provo, Utah for three days and it has been amazing! learning about how to be a better missionary by listening with love and teaching through the spirit has been a huge blessing already! I have a companion Elder Jones from Los Alamos, New Mexico. Even in these three days we have come super close and I couldn't see myself being companions with another dude.  

Even in these few days here my testimony and faith have grown exponentially. We have been learning how to listen to people with love and trying to understand how the Lord feels about these people. I have learned that everyone in on a journey towards our Heavenly Father and He has been trying their whole lives to reach out to them some way or some how. What we missionaries are here for, is to bring people farther down that path in accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ and having faith in his Atonement, repentance and baptism. For people to gain faith they need to hear the words from us, and then act on the faith that they already have. Through all the classes I attend and all the personal study I do is to help people gain Faith and come unto Christ.

I know that Jesus Christ is my brother and Savior. I know that through Him we can feel peace and the Love of our Heavenly Father! The happiest feelings I have are when I can feel the Love for me from my Heavenly Father and Savior. Christ has helped me become more humble, more thoughtful, less contentious, always striving to do what is right and to feel the Holy Ghost always with me as a personal companion. the message that my brothers and sisters in the gospel are sharing is all about Happiness and Joy! That is what this gospel brings. 3 Nephi 27:19-20 are amazing scripture that we should all take to heart, be baptized by Priesthood Authority and repent so that we can stand blameless before God at the last day.  

Thank you for taking the time to read this and Write me if you can! I will write back as soon as I can! 
Elder Ethan Mackay Howard
OCT01 ID-TWF
2007 N 900 E Unit 97
Provo, UT 84602   "


No comments:

Post a Comment