Friday, September 27, 2013

2nd Week at MTC

"Well This week has been a blast! We have done so many role play teachings and mock investigators. We spent one whole day doing a In-Field Orientation in which we learned how to plan out weeks, set goals, work with members, endure to the end, listen to the spirit, It was long but worth it. The MTC is in flu season and it seems like everyone is getting sick! One sister, Sister Bagley was out for a day and a half. Luckily my immune system compares to that of a Grizzly Bear so I'm still feeling great! Another mis-fortune in our district, Elder Elliot (From Denver, CO) got a bad case of Athletes foot and it has been infected. It's double the size and blistering and splitting open and stuff. Don't worry I won't attach the photo I took. I leave for Idaho on Tuesday morning at 5:45am. We are taking a bus with the Sisters from another district. There are 8 sisters and 4 elders going to Twin Falls, Idaho. I can't express how excited I am to bring the message of the gospel to Heavenly Fathers children in Idaho. Even in mock teachings, when I invite someone to have faith in Jesus Christ, His atonement and then be baptized and they say yes, it warms my heart like nothing else! To know that they can use the enabling powers of the Atonement to better their lives just makes me happy, but more importantly makes them and our Heavenly Father happy. I wish everyone had the courage to commit change to their lives and come closer to out Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I invite you all to look up  2 Nephi 7:11-16 and read more about the atonement. It is some Powerful stuff! Enjoy yours weeks and you might not hear from me till Monday OCT 6th. Miss you all! If you have any questions or free time write me! Here is my Idaho address.

Elder Ethan Mackay Howard
421 Maurice st. N
Twin Falls, Idaho 83301-4932

United States"

No comments:

Post a Comment