Monday, January 12, 2015

This Darn Thing Called Agency

From Ethan: Mon, Jan 12, 2015 11:56 am

Well to my immense dismay there were a lot of disappointments this week. Things that Elder Te'o and I worked towards and prayed about just didn't happen the way we wanted them to. Key appointments with certain people, people coming to church and Ramiro's baptism, all didn't happen this week. WHAT A BUMMER! In these moments I always have a little "beat up" session with myself, thinking of all the things I could have done better. It's sad but I need to look at them as moments to improve.  Also I have a firm testimony of The Lord being in charge of everything and that everything happens for a reason.  One of my all time favorite scriptures is 2 Nephi 2:24 "But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of Him who knoweth all things."  Although our Father in Heaven cannot take away our agency, He has a plan for us to return to Him.  Perhaps all the disappointments that occurred this week are all part of a more grandiose plan that I am not aware of. That's probably the case and I have faith that it is!

With all the disappointments there were still some good things that happened! One man is accomplishing some great goals. Seth Graham is becoming a real saint! He made some New Year’s goals to participate more in the Young Single Adult ward to make his testimony more solid before baptism. So far he has come to church and all the other activities in the past two weeks. Last night we were able to sit with him at a Worldwide Devotional given by Randell L. Ridd, Second Councilor in the Young Men General Presidency. He gave an awesome talk about living with purpose and having real intent. He mentioned reading the Book of Mormon not just to finish it, but to really find out if it is true. He also mentioned working towards fulfilling your job to the best of your ability and not simply working towards higher positions. It was great for me to hear and I think also Seth gained a lot from it.


Elder Te'o and I are in the final stages of planning our Musical Fireside for Feb. 8th at 7pm here in our Unity building. Our focus is for people to feel the Spirit and the love of God. Once that happens then a testimony and a foundation of faith can be rooted in our hearts.  Four other people will be sharing their talents and testimonies, too.  It'll be a great night!  We're looking forward to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment