Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was good! We played in the Turkey Bowl football game. I was wearing my Captain America sweatshirt and SHREDDING it up! First play I caught an interception and ran it back for a touchdown. The next time we had possession, I jumped over everyone and caught a one handed touchdown pass. I switched to Quarter-back and threw two touchdown passes, threading the needle! It was super fun! The Captain America sweatshirt made me have super human football powers :)
We had two BIG thanksgiving meals. We went to the Bingham’s, Michelle and Jim, Hailee (16), JoDee (14) and Hunter (10), for our first dinner at about 2pm. I ate two full plates and four pieces of pie!  Ha ha. They own a Care Center just down the mountain from us. They are SUPER AWESOME!!  We stop at their house just about every night on the way home. They love love love missionaries!
Then we went to the Hubb's, who lived in Northern California for about 50 years and have been in Salmon for the last 20 years. We are teaching their grand-daughters, Shyanne (15) and Cierra (13), about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Whenever we are there they always thank us for keeping their household filled with the Spirit even though they continuously fight and bicker with each other. This time I only had one full plate and two pieces of pie with ice cream. :)
BIG NEWS everyone! I am officially 6'6" and 200 lbs! But I still don't have a big belly which is good! My shoulders have filled out for sure.
We had a Zone Conference on Friday down in Arco. The mission president, President Curtis, was there! I had a great interview with him. He is amazing! Super sweet and down to earth. We are blessed to have such a great man as our mission president. We watched a movie as a Zone called, "Ephraim's Rescue". If you all haven't watched the movies, "17 Miracles" and "Ephraim's Rescue," you need to!! The stories of the early pioneers are simply amazing! They really make me grateful for all the technology and easy lives we live. I am super blessed to be here in Salmon and hope to stay here for a lengthy period of time. The Lord's Work is Hastening! 
Christmas Season is upon us!! This season is so joyful because of our Savior's birth :) I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME!! I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy this Christmas season.

Love, Elder Ethan Howard (ehoward@myldsmail.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment