Friday, February 13, 2015

Testimony of True Faith

From: Mon, Feb 9, 2015 2:03 pm

Well everyone, the big news is that Seth Graham was baptized!!! Man over the last 6 months or so Seth has become a real man. He has become such a humble young man who really does whatever he can to be closer the Lord. He was baptized Sat. Feb 7th at 6:30. Seth being baptized wasn't the best part, it was the testimony he shared afterwards. He was smiling so big it was hard for him to start talking! Seth shared with us some very powerful things. He boldly testified that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love each and every one of us,  that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and if anyone were to read it with real intent would find out  it is true. He knows it is and shared his conviction that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is Christ's church upon the earth today. Man it was powerful! I could feel the Holy Spirit there bustin' everyone's hearts softer and softer.

Also our Musical Fireside went swell!! Boy oh boy, I did not know how much planning has to go into a fireside until this one. But with all the planning it was well worth it! We had about 150 people in attendance with 5 musical numbers. 
1. Savior Redeemer of My Soul (Elder Howard & Elder Te'o)
2. I Know That My Redeemer Lives/I Feel My Saviors Love (Amber and Levi Heward)
3. How Can I Be? (Morgan Heward, Nicole Heward, Elder Howard & Elder Te'o)
4. My All is Thine (Nikki Worthington & Jill Brown)
5. Joseph Smith's First Prayer/Come Thou Fount (Elder Howard & Elder Te'o)
Sadly we didn't record them because of the program being in the chapel and other things but man let me tell you it was one spiritual fireside!! After each song the participants each bore their testimonies and shared something they felt inspired to share. Throughout the whole night tears of joy were shared and the spirit was felt. I was super blessed to be able to be a part of such a great program and great musical talents shared. 

All in all the week was super awesome! Today we are just going to bowl and hang out with all the missionaries in Burley. I have definitely come to love Burley and all the people here. Even though it is a small town (8,000 roughly) it packs a huge punch of love and charity :) Love you all!

-Elder Ethan Howard

Pictures: Seth in the black t-shirt to the right of me with some of his young single adult ward friends and me rockin’ a new hairdo.



No comments:

Post a Comment