Monday, October 27, 2014

Unity in Burly, ID

From Ethan: Mon, Oct 6 1:07 pm

Here in the Unity wards (congregations),  Elder Bagley and I have been sharing the scripture Ephesians 4: 11-13 "11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ."  God gave us the organization of the church so that we can improve on our weaknesses as well as help others, too! It's a great message for everyone, especially the people in the Unity Wards! :)

We set some baptismal dates with Easton and Slayter Watterson. Their father, Shay, is working towards being able to be the one to baptize them. They shared with us the difficulty of coming back to church after not attending for such a long time. Elder Bagley and I both bore our testimony of how attending church is a blessing and helps us be better disciples of Christ. The Spirit was so strong in the room we all were getting emotional and stuff, Aaah, I'm such a boob when it comes to that stuff. But we are super excited for the Wattersons! 

We also watched General Conference with the Hiesingers! I loved Conference so much and took a lot from it. The Hiesingers really enjoyed it as well and were able to learn a lot about the church. You can bet on the modern day Prophet and Apostles to do that pretty well! The Hiesingers are reading the Book of Mormon very thoroughly!! They committed this week to ask God if the Book of Mormon is True. Like President Uchtdorf and Eyring talked about in Conference, everyone must receive revelation from God to make sure knowledge of something.  Revelation from God will exceed any earthly education we can receive.

My favorite General Conference talks were President Uchtdorf's talk during the Priesthood session about "Lord, is it I",
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/10?lang=eng&vid=3821424091001&cid=7
and Elder Lynn G Robbin's talk about "Which way do I face?"
Some of my favorite quotes from conference go like this – 
-          Courage is the form of every virtue at its test
-          teach the power of prayer, not the routine of prayer
-          God resisteth the proud, but gives grace to the humble
-          Our personal work is but a drop in the sea, but if we didn't do it the sea would be one drop less
Sorry I can't tell you who said these and I probably botched them really bad but we are so lucky to be able to have these words of wisdom and knowledge at our finger tips! I know I am going to try my best to have these words change how I live my life. Burley is an exciting place. Lots of farmland and people who have years of wisdom to share with us! I think my time here in Burley will be very well spent :)

-Elder Howard (ehoward@myldsmail.net)


No comments:

Post a Comment